LinkedIn is becoming an ever-growing social media tool for business professionals all around the world – not to mention it being the fastest growing social media platforms in 2012. At Wallace Hind, we understand the importance of it and want to share 6 easy tips to optimise your personal LinkedIn account.
1. Spelling & Grammar – ensure that your profile is typo-free with no grammatical errors. Ideally, you want to spend as much as much time working on your LinkedIn profile as you do on your CV.
2. Elevator Pitch – the summary section on your profile is a must. This section should be used as an area to include all of your strengths, as recruiters will most probably look at this section first. It’s ideal to include some keywords that recruiters are most likely to be searching.
3. Recommendations – ask your network and/or colleagues to write your recommendations. This is an area that will reinforce you as a candidate for job roles. Recruiters will be keeping a close eye on these.
4. Keywords – LinkedIn is very SEO friendly. This means getting as many keywords into the various sections of your personal profile will be of advantage to you. These keywords will help you get found by the right people!
5. Up-to-date – You don’t want to have an old personal profile. It’s perfectly alright to update your LinkedIn profile as often as you wish. The more up-to-date the information is on there, the better.
6. Frequent Updates – There’s no point in buying a car & not using it, the same goes for your LinkedIn profile. It’s a valuable tool to use for networking, job searching, headhunting & many, many more.